The World Is Our Classroom (TWIOC) Foundation is now soliciting nominations to the Board of Directors. We hope you will consider this opportunity to contribute at the leadership level and to help shape the Foundation’s future and the learning environment at Competitive Edge Charter Academy (CECA), while creating lasting community relationships. TWIOC Foundation is seeking Directors who are passionate about supporting the foundation’s efforts to raise funds for technology and world class field trips for CECA students. Help us bring the world to CECA! The World Is Our Classroom Foundation Board Members will consider TWIOC Foundation a philanthropic priority and help the Foundation to solicit contributions from other foundations, organizations, businesses and individuals. TWIOC Foundation Board Members will also serve on annual committees such as the Invest in Your Child Campaign, Gala and Grant Writing.
|BENEFITS OF SERVING ON THE BOARD|
- Help guide and grow the vision and effectiveness of TWIOC Foundation
- Collaborate with the best and brightest leaders in the CECA Community
- Grow and exercise your leadership skills
- Great exposure and recognition for you
- Have a lasting positive impact on our community
- Have a great time meeting new people and helping all students at CECA
- Filing Period: May 16, 2016-May 26, 2016
- Deadline to Submit Application: Thursday, May 26, 2016, 11:59pm
- Candidate Notification: June 5, 2016
- New Board Announced: Monday, June 6, 2016
- New Board Members Seated: June 29, 2016 (2016-2017 Planning Meeting)
|TERMS & COMMITMENTS|
The term of service is two school years: July 2016- June 2018
Board Members are expected to attend all monthly Board meetings and CECA Events requiring TWIOC representation. Please refer to the Election Fact Sheet form.
Additionally, each Candidate also must abide by the requirements of the Conflict of Interest Policy adopted by TWIOC Foundation.
- Nominations are being accepted for Four (4) board seats.
- An Election Fact Sheet can be found here.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by others. All candidates must complete and submit a Board of Directors Application before May 26, 2016. This form can be found here.
- Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org